Perioperative Practitioners Invited to RCSEd Triennial Conference
13 November 2017 2:23pm
Back to News Home
Perioperative practitioners are invited to attend RCSEd Triennial Conference to discuss 'The Modern Surgical Team: The Future of Surgery' in Edinburgh from 22-23 March 2018.
'The Modern Surgical Team: the Future of Surgery' is for everyone who is involved in surgical practice, care and delivery. It will examine major themes that affect everyone who works as part of the surgical team, addressing important questions, such as:
- What will the surgical workforce look like in the future?
- What is the answer to the NHS staffing crisis?
- How will we train future generations of surgeons?
- How can we make good decisions under pressure, and what can we do when things go wrong?
- What role will perioperative practitioners play in the future of surgical team and what impact will this have on surgical training?
- Sir Ian Kennedy QC – Chair of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority and leader of the enquiry into the activities of Ian Paterson
- Brigadier Tim Hodgetts – Medical Director of the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine
- Dr Jeannie Watkins - President of the Faculty of Physician Associates
- Ms Mona Guckian Fisher - Past President, AfPP
- Dr Chris Snowden - Consultant Anaesthetist at The Freeman Hospital
- Dr Jonathan Wilson - Consultant Anaesthetist at York Hospital
- Professor Gerry Danjoux
> To view the programme and further details, visit the Triennial Conference website.
> To book your place visit the RCSEd website.