Annual Conference 2017
The Surgical Team: Are Perioperative Practitioners Increasingly Working Towards a Medical Model of Care?
Our last annual conference was held in Birmingham on Saturday 4 November 2017 and explored the theme The Surgical Team: are perioperative practitioners increasingly working towards a medical model of care?.
This meeting was attended by approximately 100 perioperative practitioners, as well as surgeons who work closely with advanced practitioners (e.g. surgical care practitioners, surgical first assistants) and have an interest in the future of the surgical team.
- Ray Delicata, RCSEd Wales Regional Surgical Advisor and Consultant Surgeon, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
- Mona Guckian Fisher, Past President AFPP
- Adrian Jones, President AFPP
- Simon Parsons, Consultant Surgeon and Associate Professor, Nottingham University and Codirector of EIDO Healthcare
- Jeremy Ward, Consultant Surgeon, Lancashire Teaching hospitals, Chair of RCSEd's Specialty Surgical Board in General Surgery
- Jeannie Watkins, President Faculty of Physician Associates and Senior Lecturer at St George's University of London